Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Wind...

Wind...

Not much to say, here at 2:55 in the Ay Em. Late night at work...trying to take advantage of a store without customers to get a couple things done. The effort was a marginal success, though somewhere around 1:40 or so, your old pal Tommy left sanity at the gate, and got the giggles over the word "fartknocker."

It's been a windy heckuva day around this neck of the woods. I didn't leave the confines of the compound until noon, or so. I'd listened all morning to the wind howling...I'd listened to my neighbor's lawn furniture blown down metal steps and out into the yard.

It's been cold the past few weeks. It was surprising, then, when I went outside, bundled up for a turbulent winter's day, that the temperature was hover somewhere in the mid-fifties, and maybe as high as sixty.

Still, windy. That brought rain in tonight. I drove home with the sky lighting up periodically. Listened to the local radio. Your old pal's got a bugaboo about tornadoes...as warm as it was today, if there's enough difference in temperature to create lightning and thunder in December, then there's a big enough temperature difference to create a twistah.

At least that's what the paranoid delusional who makes a decent number of my decisions says.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home