Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Eastbound...

Eastbound...

Had the occasion this weekend to finally check out Eastbound & Down, and can't remember laughing that hard at four straight episodes of a television show in a long time. This after declaring 30 Rock the best comedy on television. I'm going to hold to that, though Eastbound's a close second. Interestingly (or not), I think they're both funny for the same reason: the establish an absurd set of rules, but adhere to them without once winking to the audience.

I appreciate that.

Daunting, though, is the neverending pendulum swing of how I feel about Will Ferrell. I said as much over on Stephen Silver's blog....citing the following commercial. I've gone back and forth between loving Will Ferrell and despising him...this one doesn't lump him over into the "love" category, but it's started the ball rolling in that direction.



Anyway. The show itself? Funny stuff. It's almost like a more distilled, frustrated version of Foot Fist Way, which is another underrated flick you might want to check.

Scary? Danny McBride's three or four roles that come to my mind? All similar. It's possible he's a one trick pony. That being the case? Six episodes might be a smart move. Get in, get paid, and get out.

I call that the Chris Tucker rule.

Anyway. I dig it....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home