Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Movie Day....

Movie Day....

Earlier today, I decided that the cure for what ails me would be a smack upside the head what I like to call Movie Day. And I have opined that I think it should be within our rights to, twice-a-year, declare "Movie Day" which would for that day relieve us of our obligations, freeing for us the time to sit on our asses and take in a few movies.

I've detailed it here before. I work like a botard. Trying to do some schooling and maintain a life at the same time. I don't get the chance like I'd like to sit and watch a few flicks.

Over the past few months, I've had a few mounting up that I've picked up, but not gotten a chance to watch like I'd like. Add to that, there are a couple that have come up recently in conversation that I feel warrant another viewing....

A quick recounting of what I've seen:

The Specials

I think my buddy Alex was the one who introduced this one to me, back in the day. Neat little indy superhero flick. Funny. Jamie Kennedy's best role. Plus, for my money, you can never go wrong with Paget Brewster....

The Bucket List

Got this one for my birthday a few weeks back. I ended up digging it. I was afraid it would wander into maudlin territory, and I suppose it does. It's lighthearted enough, though, and I dig the message.

300

Got this one for Christmas. Wanted to watch it again, after seeing Watchmen last weekend. It rivals Thirteenth Warrior for sweatiest movie ever made. I dig the movie, but I suggest ditching dialog in favor of a grinding metal soundtrack...

Conan the Barbarian

It's been since high school that I've seen this movie. Frankly, I'm a bit overtired, and it's not grabbing me. Conan just punched the camel a minute ago, and that was always my favorite part. Probably gonna switch it off and head for bed....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home