Sunday, March 01, 2009

Perspective

Perspective...

Had dinner with the folks. Hung out with their dogs, and felt a little better about the world after doing so. That's the cool thing about the dogs (And folks, too, I reckon) is that they make you feel like, no matter how big a botard you feel like, they still think you're pretty cool.

On the drive home, I found myself behind an Isuzu Trooper at a red light. We were in the right hand lane, waiting for the light to change. A car drove up past me, and took the first position at the light in the left hand lane.

I do not know if the folks in the Isuzu Trooper knew the folks in the car in the left lane or not.

I just know that slowly, as if making an entrance on stage, as if waiting for just the right moment, a hand extended from the rear passenger window, holding an airhorn...an old type, the kind that they use on boats, or at basketball courts. Or, in on instance in my past, to wake up a co-worker who had fallen asleep one warm spring day inside a donation trailer.

The hand extended. I could not see into the other car. I do not know if they saw this gesture, or how they responded when the inevitable happened.

One long toot from the airhorn, as if announcing the end of a time out at an elementary school basketball game.

Then, a couple seconds later, one short toot.

Then, as deliberately as it came out from the window, it went back in.

I do not know if the drivers and passengers of the two cars knew one another. I just know it tickled me from my point of view. I had to wonder how I'd take it were I the toot-ee of the attack.

At the end of the day, I am no Kim Fields. Please take that into your consideration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home