Sunday, April 26, 2009

Thoughts from the Ass End of the Night, Volume 2

Thoughts from the Ass End of the Night, Volume 2

Um....insomnia blows. And there's a slight worry here...this is the third night out of five that I've found myself waking really, really, really, really, really early. And as I sit here tonight, trying to get the Lakers/Jazz replay to make my brain shut up, I find myself with several thoughts roiling around my noggin.

1.) It was a horrible idea to decide to while away my insomniac free time by reading up on Swine Flu. My personal pessimism is directly correlated with lack of sleep. Combine that with a familial ability (genetic predisposition?) to make mountains out of molehills, and I spend the last several minutes searching for "Hemingford Home" and any 100+ year old people in the state of Nebraska, at all.

2.) In what is as good a segue as any, I took a check from a guy at work the other day whose initials were R.F. He was wearing a blue jean jacket, and I wanted to ask him if he's missing a "How's Your Pork?" button.

3.) I've been listening to the Dark Tower books in the mornings, as I get ready for work. Granted, I'm listening in 20 and 30 minute snatches, but this is an investment in time. I started The Gunslinger the day after Christmas. Plus, there were a couple of breaks in there, where I listened to musics instead of the book. Some mornings, it takes a little more than the droning voice of George Guidall to get my big ass moving. (Yes. I'm talking Annie Soundtrack.)

4.) I have no way to segue here...I asked on twitter: Which duo will die first? The last remaining Beatles, or the last remaining Golden Girls? I have a funny feeling Betty White will make it to the 110's....

5.) I know it runs contrary to my previous rants against the NFL draft being anything at all to get excited about: I am floored...FLOORED....that the Titans actually took a wide receiver in the first round of the draft. Granted, it's the 30th pick of the draft, but still. The first round? Is Jeff Fisher feeling okay?

6.) I made a pigs fly/swine flu joke on Facebook about that. I am tremendously proud of it. Heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home