Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunday morning thoughts....

Sunday morning thoughts....

Good morning, yo.

Feeling a bit more like myself this morning. I'm thinking the three full nights in a row of sleep has a bit to do that. I joked a few posts back that there's nothing like that first night of sleep after a couple sleepless nights.

After three nights of at least seven hours of sleep, I feel completely human, and much less likely to embark upon a series of quests that would ultimately lead me to either the throne of all humanity, or my destruction by a television or movie action hero. As for that hero? I'm thinking someone along the lines of a John McClain, or maybe Jack Bauer. Maybe Columbo. But not MacGyver. Definitely not MacGyver.

Not much to report on this end of things. Doing some reading for my buddy Alex. I finished his novel Blood Groove, and dug it. Nice little vampire piece, if you're into such things....

Wandered out to get a new phone Wednesday. I'd been carrying my last one for a year and a half past its contract--it was a good phone, and until mine decided it would start powering itself down at random over the past month, I'd had no problems. But, the powering down was something of a problem, since it would do it in the middle of a text message or phone call. I think my boss at work figured I'd hung up on him on at least one occasion....

Ended up with a Blackberry. I can't think of a great analogy for jumping a few generations. All I know at this point is that there are a lot more buttons to deal with, at this point....

Bowled the best game of my life Thursday, which I figured might come with a bit more fanfare (perhaps a parade, or at least a book deal), but was overshadowed by the fact that two of my teammates still bowled higher than my 235.

Had the weekend off. The initial plans were to have taken a camping trip, but our return to the rain forest mode of thinking in this neck of the woods cancelled that out.

Instead, we attempted to hit a ballgame and dinner last night. We seated ourselves on the patio at the Mellow Mushroom in downtown Chattanooga...only to watch storm clouds roll in over the river, just past the aquarium. We took a table under an awning, and stayed relatively dry despite the downpour.

Trying that again, today. If it rains, we'll find a movie or something to see...

All in all, it beats working...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home