Thursday, August 12, 2010

Brain Break

Wrote for an hour and a half. A couple thousand words, which poured out easily. Then, I got a leg cramp. Going to get up, take a shower. Gotta go get the oil changed, get new tags and go fight crime under my vigilante name: Rufus Q. Throatpunch. Also, I will buy bananas and water. It's like 392 degrees. I saw an e-mail from the local TV station with the subject "Heat Advisory" and read it as "Hell Advisory." Almost works.

I will write more this afternoon.

Here's a little bit of what I listened to while I wrote:

"Intergalactic" Beastie Boys
"Mo Ghile Gear (Our Hero)" The Chieftains with Sting
"Tragedy" The Bee Gees (Oof...this one might be in my head for days, now...)
"Margaret in Captivity" The Decembrists
"No Roads Here" Corb Lund (I just love this song....)




"La Bamba" Los Lobos
"Up Above my Head--I hear Music in the Air" Randy Travis & the Blind Boys of Alabama
"Glory Glory Hallelujah" The Rev. Peyton's Big Damn Band
"You're the One" The Vogues
"What Am I Doing Hangin' Round?" The Monkees



"Ruby Soho" Rancid
"Godzilla" Blue Oyster Cult
"The Boxer" Me First and the Gimme Gimmes
"Modern Man" The Arcade Fire
"Finnegan's Wake" Malarkey Brothers
"I Don't Want Anybody New" The Smart Brothers
"I'm Going for Myself" James Carr
"Dump Road Yodel" Th' Legendary Shack Shakers
"Can't Find My Keys" Mojo Nixon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home