Sunday, July 18, 2010

Movement...

As a rule, I don't talk about work. Literally. There's a policy. I've kicked and kicked and kicked around what I wanted to say here.

But, I don't think I'm out of bounds to say that I'll be starting a new store tomorrow. It wasn't my desire, and it's been something I've had to chew on for a handful of days. It had actually been my express desire not to move to this particular direction.

Long story made short, I live in Athens, but the bulk of my outside-of-work life is in the direction of Chattanooga. It was coming to the point where I was looking for places in that area to move.

I'll be working not very far from Knoxville, starting Monday. Grand total, it's about 60 miles in the other direction from the old workplace. It's a little farther drive (not much more than 5 miles more, all told). But, it puts me an hour and more from Cleveland, and an hour and a half from Chattanooga. It'll be an adjustment. There will be less hopping down to dinner with friends or family in Chattaboogie after working an 11 hour day, that's for sure.

I don't know if I'm out of bounds by saying it's been a frustrating process.

But, there it is. I'm frustrated. Information seemed hard to grab, this week. And that's frustrating. And should it come down to my getting in trouble for saying that out loud, then so be it.

And yeah, I get that some folks have ridiculous commutes, longer than this. It's not the commute that's bothering me. At all.

But, it's a new opportunity, and a change in scenery. Possibly a chance to move forward. Who knows? Let's just see if I can go up here and try not to work like a botard...

2 Comments:

Blogger T.Church said...

Good for you Tommy. It would be my guess that the other stores needed good leadership and you were the obvious choice. Congratulations!

10:31 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

Good luck Tommy! I guess it's yet to see if the change is good or bad. I do hope it all works out well for you!

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home