Minor Work Complaints
Highly Localized Gripes, related solely to the job:
- Why the fuck are you people still writing checks? It's 2012. Be a grownup. Get a goddamn debit card. I'll even wait patiently while you write the amount of the debit in a ledger. I'm just tired of getting called up to the front of the store to unjam one of the check readers that has eaten a check because Jimmy Joe McJimmyJoe is living in the year 1983 and writing a check for his suitcase of Busch Light.
- Stop cashing your paycheck at the grocery story. Seriously. Get Direct Deposit, and stop bringing your paycheck that is more than mine to cash at the grocery store. And don't hassle my dumb ass for needing seventeen pieces of information to get your check to go through our Texas Instruments circa 1983 level computer system.
- Get this Loyalty Card thing through your head, because it's been around 20+ years, and isn't going away. Have it ready when you check out. Either on your keyring, or in your billfold. Don't make me make you search for it. If we say "there's no storecard" then it's the truth. Our company doesn't want us using them. They want your vital infomation.
- Yes, they are tracking your purchases. Mainly for purposes of smarter orders. You're not so important that they're peeping through the cracks in your bathroom door to watch you take a shit. They're just watching what you (and other shoppers) buy to make decisions toward what they'll put on sale to maximize profits across the board.
- They aren't watching you poop, but somebody looked through the crack in the door in the bathroom stall while I was taking a shit at work. It was a kid. Poor kid.
- Come to work.