Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Jamming French Fries Into Your Mind...a decade hence....

Hello, and good evening!

Welcome to the beginning of a second decade of this Blogamathing!

10 years.

Don't it fly, and such?

Ye Olde Facebooke Status Update:

I have been keeping a little blogamathing for 10 Years, as of today. I am grateful for the outlet to write my particular brand of drivel without outside influence and editorship. More than that, I am grateful for the friendships it has helped me forge. Thank you, blogamathing! You are a tremendous way to exchange fart stories!

And it is.  Absolutely tremendous.  Dammit, I love fart stories.

A short fart story, by the way?  


I was in the backroom of my store the other day, by myself.  I was writing a couple of price tags for new items.  Being by myself, I decided to break wind.  These things happen, especially when Dr. Gutierrez's Huevos, Frijoles y Brocoli work their particular brand of magic in the bowels.  Well, soon after, one of my weekend vendors walks through the back, and through my personal contribution to Global Warming.  A particularly humorless man, he passes through the cloud, realizes what's happened (because, indeed, we were an embodiment of the George Carlin line, two guys on an elevator, one of 'em farts, they both know who did it...), and he turns to regard me, deadpan.


"Really?" he says.


"Yep.  I'm afraid so.  Regrettable, really." I've got a pretty deadpan deadpan myself, when I put my mind to it.  Frankly, I'm impressed, considering I'd almost literally been called on my shit.


"Not nearly as regrettable on my end." 


"Well, I've still got to check the laundry later."


And he smiled.  First time I've seen that.


Ain't NOBODY don't like a good fart story.


But I digress.


Very true about the folks I've gotten to meet over the past few years.  Absolutely honest about that.  Being the somewhat shy cuss that I am, it's neat to meet people that I actually dig, and look forward to seeing.  From all corners of this continent.  People, it's been noted, that I'd probably never have even begun to cross paths with otherwise.  Cool folks, definitely.  Hope to meet more, sometime....


I don't write here as much as I used to, and definitely not as much as I'd like.  Work being what it is, and life in general being what it is.  Still, I pop by from time to time, and will continue to do so.


Thanks to all those who still stop by from time to time.  Thanks for reading.  Thanks for saying nice things.  And thanks, even, for jumping in to explain what the word penultimate means or to let me know that the Marshall Tucker Band song is actually called "Heard it in a Love Song" and not "Purty Little Love Song."  I like you people, too.  Thanks for being the smartest person in the room.  


No.  Really.


Eh.  It's a hobby, this navel-gazing blogamathing.  I enjoy it.  Hope you do.  We'll keep on trucking....

6 Comments:

Blogger Bobby Burden said...

Thanks for keeping the blog going. I don't read as often as I should, but when I do read, I take in all the posts I haven't read since last time.

I hope to still be reading in 2022. Thanks!

7:45 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

Life would not be nearly as fun without your fart stories and navel gazing Tommy. I'm very glad you continue to blog even if, like me, it's become sporadic. Of course your stories are way better than mine. ;)

7:47 PM  
Blogger LeeAnn said...

Happy Big Ten. A bag of cheesy poofs have been eaten in your honor. :)

10:50 PM  
Blogger alice said...

Congrats, Tommy. You're big and you're stupid, but I loves me a good fart story!

(And thanks to the wonders of RSS technology, even if your posts don't come as often as they once did, your fans all still get them when they do fly!)

8:43 PM  
Blogger alice said...

(Sorry if that was a duplicate. Feel free to pick your favorite and let the other die.)

8:44 PM  
Blogger Groanin' Jock said...

Thanks for keeping on going when so many others have stopped. I still try to post something once a week at least, and it's good to know others are still out there bloggifying too.

4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home