Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The listens this day, 16 April 2014

Worked until 2:30 this morning.  Came home.  Didn't fall to sleep so much as plummeted headlong into it.  Your pal Tommy is a sleep sissy.

Made myself get up at 9.  It's too easy to fall into that 1 AM routine.  I'd like to wear those comfortable britches, but those comfortable britches don't work well with that routine that my Overlords demand, inasmuch as those other days where I gotta get my big ass out of bed somewhere in the neighborhood of 5:15.

Anyway.  Did find time to write this morning, as soon as I was able to jam some coffee into my gob.

And, I found a little time to write.  Got a story that I'm thinking of just throwing up for Kindle publishing, just to see what I can get out of that.  Just goofy shit.

Anyway:  Here's what I listened to:

"Polish Work Song"    Dex Romweber Duo
"W.W.J.D."       Axis of Awesome
"Sit Down by the Fire"    the Pogues
"Down to the Well"     Hard Working Americans
"God Fearing People"      JD Wilkes and the Dirt Daubers

(Might I pause here to note that I FINALLY got to see the Dirt Daubers live a couple weeks back?   This was the song, as performed by Wilkes with the Legendary Shack Shakers, was what turned me onto the man's work.  Both versions are fantastic.  Somehow, without the grunge and holler of the Shack Shakers version, this one hits the nail a little more on the head)

"More Pills"      Amy Ray
"Particles"     the Whiskey Gentry
"The Passenger"       Iggy Pop
"Pancho and Lefty"      Jason Isbell & Elizabeth Cook
"Sugar Dyed"     St. Paul and the Broken Bones

2 Comments:

Blogger Gladorn said...

You found time to write? As in for the blog? Or just in general?

5:31 PM  
Blogger Tommy said...

In general, I guess. Ostensibly, a project. Don't know what I'll do with it. I'm happy with its progress. Maybe see if it'll sell. Maybe throw it up on Amazon in the Kindle market. Who knows?

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home