Thursday, November 16, 2017

Oddity

I haven't bern sleeping well, lately.  I'm blaming my shifting work schedule, which has me closing the store and working until 11:15 or 11:30 at night three or four nights a week, but also opening the store at 6:45 a day or two a week.  It's pretty regular that there's gonna be a night or two where I'm going to get four or five hours under the best of circumstances.

I closed Tuesday night, and was off Wednesday.  I had trouble sleeping that night, but was able to get a little back since I didn't have too much to do. 

Tonight?

But there's a bit of an oddity tonight.  Easily explained, but giving me the willies nonetheless.

I still have Dad's contact info in my phone.  We've given up that phone number.  We did that back in the summer.  I feel like his number's since been reassigned.  While helping Shyam find her phone last night, I dialed it so it would ring.  After she found it, I must have brushed my finger up against Dad's contact tile, since I still have it in my speed dial.  This was at roughly 10 PM last night.

I got a phone call at 3:37 AM this morning from Dad's phone number.  I answer, but the caller hangs up.

Like I said, a hypothesis other than my Dad calling from the other side is pretty easy to come up with.  I called that person accidentally, and hung up, possibly after they'd gone to bed.  Perhaps they're an early riser who decided a little payback was in order.

Still.  It weirded me out enough that it kept me up.  I read a bit, and decided to blogamathing about it.

This is a tough time of year at work.  Kinda stressful, with bodies being out.  Having weirdness abound isn't my cup of tea, right about now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home