Sunday, January 05, 2003

Animals I have eaten:

Chicken (personal favorite)
Cow
Pig
Turkey
Goat
Ostrich
Lobster
Crab
Clam
Frog
Deer
Alligator
Slim Jim
Various Shrimp
Various Fish (Including Flounder, Halibut, Catfish, Shark and Captain D's)

And possibly Sheep (lamb), though if I have, I don't remember what it's like.

And I've accidentally swallowed a bug before. And I'm sure there are others that climb into my mouth to nest while I sleep.

I've never eaten Duck, Snake, Horse (that I've been told), Turtle, Buffalo/Bison, Rabbit, Squirrel, Oysters (I tried and failed), Bear, Moose, Crocodile, Flamingo, Rhinoceros, Gnu, Heron, Jaguar, Manatee, Three-Toed Sloth, Reindeer, Cougar, Hippopotamus, Penguin, Lion, Clown, Meerkat, Gorilla, Seagull, Hyena, Woolly Mammoth, Gopher (village or no), Baboon, Walrus, Emu, Opossum, Tiger (Sabre-tooth or modern day), Prairie Dog, Kangaroo, Elephant, Timberwolf, Seal, Killer Whale, Apatosaurus, Pigeon, Guinea Pig, Lungfish, Chinchilla, Vulture, Armadillo, Wallaby, Tasmanian Devil, Fire Ant, Anteater, Cheetah (but not for lack of trying), Mouse, Dragon, Sea Lion, Iguana, Manta Ray, Pony, Owl, Cardinal, Muskrat or Goose.

And metaphorically speaking, I have eaten crow. But I choose not to eat the beautiful and noble flying bird.

Shyam Nunley has a great bumper sticker. I'll Paraphrase: I'm not a vegetarian because I hate meat, but because I hate vegetables so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home