Thursday, January 16, 2003

Last Thanksgiving, when I was over in East Tennessee with my folks, my Dad and I took the opportunity to head out onto the town.

So naturally, we went to Burger King. It was good.

He'd been suffering from a cold for the previous week, and he mentioned, in passing, as we were leaving Burger King that he was able to breathe through his nose for the first time in several days. He added that he'd actually pulled a booger from his nose. He was quite proud, and I was proud of him. I think we had a bonding moment.

See, with this cold, I can't breathe through my nose, either. Strangely enough, there's nothing up there to pull out that might be clogging the works. It's dry as a bone.

To those of you who know me, that I pick my nose with furious abandon should come as no surprise. Typically, I wait until those private moments where I have a napkin or toilet paper handy. It's like being a treasure hunter and a scientist all at once. (You examine what you find, don't you?) Even the most sophisticated among us look at the tissue after they blow their nose. Don't you look down on me.

Today, January 16, 2003....we hit a new low in blogging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home