Saturday, April 19, 2003

"The band Great White has killed more Americans than the Iraqi Army."
----Comedian Dwight Slade


Either the FCC or their own attorneys have requested that Bob and Tom not repeat the previous statement on their radio show.

The other day, I was at K-Mart. I needed a new belt quickly. As I was walking toward the checkout, I passed a big display of Easter baskets. They pre-wrap all the easter baskets, and usually put toys or toy sets inside them. I glanced at them as I went past.

Inside one of them was a toy set labeled "Changeable Robots" with "Construction" also printed in big white letters.

Years ago, the Transformers put out a series of toys called "Constructicons." They were six construction type vehicles that would transform into robots. But also, these vehicles could merge into a gestalt robot called Devastator.

(You have to say Devastator with an old man's New York accent, like Kup, in Transformers the Movie)

Well, anyway, inside one of the easter baskets were these Changeable Robots. They're the same color scheme and transforming scheme as the old Transformers. They only thing different is the "Decepticon" logo, which are on none of the figures as such, although one of them has a symbol that has been altered slightly. Probably to dodge copyright issues.

Well, since the baskets were on clearance, I couldn't help myself. I bought a belt and an easter basket.

I got home and played with my "transformers" for a little while. They're pretty crappy, to be honest. That's to be expected. They all transform pretty easily from car to robot, although I messed up the dump truck pretty quickly. My normal inclination when something doesn't work is to push, pull or hit it harder. As such, the arm was pretty much messed up on the dumptruck.

It doesn't, however, merge into "Devastator" very well. Parts of it hook together fairly easily, but one of the legs doesn't hook very well to the torso. Nor does the torso attach to the chest easily. It took me some work.

Bill put it together much more satisfactorily than I did.

Yeah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home