Tuesday, July 22, 2003

A Few Random Thoughts

What's with all these people moving to Wisconsin, already? My buddy David's moved to Beloit. My friend Alex is moving up (near Madison, I believe) next week. My friend Joebo has family up that way. The Packers play in Wisconsin. I'm starting to believe that the universe is a swirling vortex, with its center sucking everything toward it. Somewhere just outside of Milwaukee.

If there's anybody reading up there, tell me if my theory's correct. I think it's all the cheese and beer, making some large gravitational bodies up there.
.....
As much as I hate reality TV, I've really gotten sucked into the Last Comic Standing. The difference between this and every other reality show I've watched is that there is no enemy. At least for me. I like everybody on the show. You know. The first Survivor had the naked Richard Hatch. And the second Survivor had that really evil Jerri girl. Flintstones had Betty Rubble. The Today Show has Al Roker.
.....
The Cubs are getting beaten by the Braves as I write. 8-2 in the fifth.
.....
I finished Christopher Moore's The Lust Lizard in Melancholy Cove this afternoon. I'd never read any of Moore's stuff. This was lent to my by Steven along with Island of the Sequined Love Nun, which didn't grab me right off. But Lizard's a fun read. He reminds me a lot of Vonnegut, with his story structure and his unwilling, flawed heroes. There's a little bit of Douglas Adams. Reminds me a bit of Hiaasen, too, though not as zany.

I don't know what's up next on the to-read list. I might give Island another try. My sister got me a couple of Bernard Cornwell's books, and I started Faulkner's Intruder in the Dust, but left it laying in my parents' sun room a couple of weeks ago and forgot to bring it back to Murfreesboro with me.
.....
Is there anything that looks more sad and formulaic than Whoopi Goldberg's new show in the ads being run on NBC? Whoopi was funny once, wasn't she? Is she cursed by having associated herself so freely with Bruce Vilanche?
.....
I put my apples in the fridge. And then I tried to eat them. And was surprised when they were too cold to bite into comfortably. That's why it's called Big Stupid Tommy.
.....
I watched Devil's Playground earlier this evening. It's a documentary about the Amish youth, who reach their age of reckoning. At the age of 16, they're allowed to partake in the "English" world. They drive, and play video games and whatnot. But they also smoke, drink and (in Faron's case) do and deal the drugs.

It's informative. There were parts that rang a little...Idunno...staged to me. Faron's girlfriend Anna. At a couple of points, her inflection just seemed off. Like maybe she was reading from something.
.....
Everyone in the documentary smoked. Just something else I noticed.
.....
I was pretty proud of something I thought about. I wrote it on the TNA Thoughts page.
.....
This is probably the most boring blog entry ever.
.....
Do you like underdogs? How about movies about underdogs? What about movies where the underdog is multiplied by four? How about a movie where the horse is too small the jockey's too big the trainer's too old and I'm too damn dumb to know the difference?

It's just been shoved down my throat. I don't want to see Seabiscuit.
.....
My Christmas tree is on top of the fridge. It's 24 inches tall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home