Monday, July 14, 2003

Home Run Derby

You know, I really enjoyed tonight's Home Run Derby. In the past, I 've always thought it was kind of a let down, and I thought sometimes it took away from the All-Star game, as it gave all the immature fans all the candy they wanted. It's sugary baseball, the Home Run Derby is.

But I thought the exhibition put on by Albert Pujols and Garrett Anderson was excellent. Jason Giambi showed himself well.

No Magglio? It's Comiskey for God's sake!

No Sammy Sosa? It's Chicago, for God's sake!

And I'm watching the celebrity softball challenge. And my all-time hero Ryne Sandberg is not acquitting himself well. I blame former Bears QB Jim McMahon. Defer to the Major Leaguer when going for fly balls.

Also, at the behest of a couple of new readers who've e-mailed me, I'm testing out the comment system again. Don't mess with it. Or I'll hunt you down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home