Tuesday, August 26, 2003

The Cubbies and the Cards

Mark Prior and the Chicago Cubs won tonight. I didn't get to see the game, because White Sox were on WGN and I live a few hundred miles outside of Chicago.

Our Fox Sports channel was showing.....I haven't a clue what they were showing. Tweren't baseball, so I weren't near it. The Fox Sports Net affiliate we have on Nashville Cable seems to show nothing but The Best Damn Sports Show, hunting shows and that "You Gotta See This" show in an endless loop. And the occasional Braves game.

However, I did enjoy seeing the White Sox beat the hell out of the Evil Empire over on WGN.

But the Cubs did win. I know this because I followed the game on the internet. They have that on computers, now.

I also noticed that the Brewers have won like 8 in a row.

And the Cubbies play the "Brew Crew" this weekend. And I'm not particularly delighted with the possibility of playing a HOT Brewers team. Because they suck but they tend to beat the shit out of the Cubs at every opportunity. I especially don't want to play them since they have their hot bats. And we can't count on Randall Simon every night.

And is it just me, or do we play the Brewers something like 40 times in a season? That's why there's a rivalry. You can't sling a dead cat without hitting a Brewers/Cubs series.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home