Thursday, August 28, 2003

This is the Batman Post

Dude, if you have a chance to see the short fan film Batman: Dead End....do it. It made its initial appearances back in June and July, and made its official debut at Comic Con International in San Diego in August.

Note to Joel Schumacher, and even Tim Burton.....This 10 minutes captures the Batman I've been reading in the comic books for 20 years better than any of your four films ever did.

Like I said, it's a nine to ten minute short film. I believe it was shot in Texas, but it's not important, and I may not be right.

The plot concerns Batman chasing down a Joker (who is closer in tone to the comics' Joker, as well, though I'm not ready to declare this Joker better than Jack in the 1989 film), and in the process, Batman meets up with a couple of standards of the Science Fiction genre. Batman's met both in the pages of his comic, and the two SF creatures have fought each other on the pages of Dark Horse Comics in several different mini-series.

I'm talking about the Predator, from that series of movies, and the Aliens from that series of movies.

It may sound a little hokey, but I ask you to take a look at the thing first. It works, and in doing so, it kicks everything's ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home