Friday, September 12, 2003

Names

I've not cared for the Friday Five for much of the past month, so I've abstained. One question in particular from this week's edition caught my eye, though.

4. Are there any names you really hate or love? What are they and why?

I've not had many good experiences with the name Jeremy. In fact, I can think four different guys named Jeremy (would that be Jeremies?) who have, at different points in my life, caused varying degrees of consternation.

One was from my church when I was growing up. One was from grade school. The other two were from college.

Add another if you count the Pearl Jam song, which has a tendency to get into my head and bounce around the insides for hours on end.

I don't hate the name. But it won't be an option when I go to naming my kids.

When it comes down to naming rights, I'm going to insist on Festus Gristledick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home