Monday, October 13, 2003

Kill Bill

Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill (vol I) is one of the most entertaining movies I've seen in quite a while. It's also one of the prettiest. And it reaffirms in my mind that Quentin understands the film medium as well as (if not better than) anybody else.

Although, if orgies of violence aren't your thing, it's probably not the movie for you.

And those who complain about the lack of character development and plot....it's a vengeance story. A highly stylized vengeance story, but as a vengeance story, it doesn't need a bunch of characterization.

Also: the trailer for Lord of the Rings: Return of the King played before the movie.

The part in the trailer where Gollum gives Sam that nasty grin when Frodo protects him? That's fantastic.

Yeah. I want to see this movie the same way I did when I was 6 years old and Return of the Jedi was coming out. That's happened only a couple of times since.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home