Tuesday, October 21, 2003

The neighbors

Well, it's either a new neighbor or somebody with a houseguest, but somebody nearby has a baby living in their apartment.

And around 5:45 in the AM, it tends to get really pissed off about something.

And its reponse to being really pissed off is to scream at the top of its lungs about how angry it is.

Which is understandable. If I'm awake at 5:45, I'm going to be pretty pissed off about the whole thing, too. I don't think I'm going to holler at the top of my lungs about it. I'd probably write about it. On a blog.

But I wonder how much my neighbors would like it if I were startled into consciousness at 5:45 in the morning, and started roaring at the top of my lungs in terror that gives way to anger. I'd probably be kicked out of my apartment. Or have the cops called on me.

"Sir, what seems to be the problem?"

Well, it was all warm and dark, and I was flying, and then all of a sudden I'm not flying anymore, and I'm just laying on my bed, and it scared me, pretty bad. And I kind of screamed for a few minutes, and then I realized that somebody or something pulled me out of my dreams, so then I kind of screamed for a few minutes more to scare let everybody else know that I was pissed off at not getting to sleep. And if I can't sleep? Ain't nobody gonna be sleeping. You get me?

See my point?

I think babies are very selfish.

And I should say that since it's happened at the same time the last couple of mornings, I'm more inclined to think that someone or something is waking the baby up, rather than the baby spontaneously waking up, though I admit the latter choice is also feasible.

So here I am. Awake.

Good morning.

I had a scrambled egg sandwich for breakfast. And it was pretty good, though not as much as I wanted it to be. But somehow, at 6:30, nothing is quite as good as it should be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home