Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Personal Business

Sorry to air out personal business here.

But I'd like to address The Princess, who was offended by the Neighbors post, a couple of posts down, but wasn't considerate or brave enough to post an e-mail address. I'd discuss this with you personally, if you'd like, but I can't do that unless you post your e-mail address.

I subject myself to criticism by putting a comment section on my page. The least you can do is return the favor by opening yourself up at the very least to discuss the issue privately, by posting an e-mail address. Posting like that shows a lack of either class or education, and I generally consider the person that does something like that to be an idiot, or a coward.

And in this case, I don't think I'm far off the mark.

The Neighbors post that has you up in arms? It's a joke.

Humor is a subjective thing, I know. My humor's not that sophisticated, though. I'll just say that I think it's funny when somebody acts like the very thing they're complaining about....it's called "irony." Maybe mine was a failed attempt at irony, but in re-reading the post, I don't think so. Find a dictionary (big book with multitudes of words) and look up the word irony.

I also want to say that you took something I said a little too seriously. Which was the big mistake. You should stop and ask yourself any time you read something on this page: Is this possibly Big Stupid Tommy's (perhaps failed) attempt at a joke?

My last point is that nobody's forcing you to read this. I paraphrase Say Uncle: I do this to entertain myself, not you.

And luckily, I was quite amused. It was probably the best thing I've seen so far today, besides Gunny's comment about the weird dream he had about being a girl.

Gunny, that's comic gold, my friend.

4 Stars!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home