Friday, October 10, 2003

The Read List

A couple of other people have done this, including Bill.

Okay. Here's the deal. This is just a minor goal I have.

From October 1, 2003 to September 30, 2004, I'm going to do my damnedest to read 100 books.

I like to read. But I also complain that I don't have enough time to read. Which is bullshit. I can't count the number of times I've sat on my ass and flipped through all the cable, knowing that there's nothing on, and eventually settled on something like an episode of Cosby Show or MASH or Andy Griffith that I've seen 11 times before.

So that's the goal.

Instead of watching all these TV shows or watching a movie that I've seen 19 times, I'm going to read.

I will say that if certain things get in the way, like employment or my actually getting a life, I'm not going to be all up in arms.

But definitely not going to do the TV thing anymore.

I'm starting the list retroactive to the beginning of this month.

You can read all about it here, if'n you're interested.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home