Saturday, November 01, 2003

Emil Brown Alert!

I was looking over at Aaron's Baseball Blog, and I found this post, about the 588 Minor Leaguers signed before 1997, none of whom are on a 40 man roster, and all of whom are now free to sign with any team.

And I was perusing this list.

And whose name do I find amongst the 29 players in the Cincinnati Reds organization who are now free to sign with anybody?

Mr. Emil "Eeeeeeee-mil" Brown.

He played with the Nashville Sounds (Pirates AAA team) for nearly three seasons. He was a big favorite of mine when visiting relatively lovely Greer Stadium. Once, when we were sitting along the right field line, Emil misplayed a ball...and we heard him say: "Oh....Shit."

I knew he was a September call up a few seasons back. And he was involved in a trade, and ended up over in the Angels organization, I think.

I'd wondered where he was.

Now I know.

And since he's free for anybody to sign....I suggest this:

Leave him alone. Run from him, if he wants to sign. Like your hair was on fire and your ass was catching.

As entertaining as his name was.....he had a cannon for an arm. But I once watched him throw the ball from the right field corner into the third base stands. Also, he has Jose Hernandez whiffing potential, but none of the power. His glove has a forcefield through which no baseball can penetrate. And he once decided to start trotting back to the dugout after making the first out in the inning.

I'm fairly sure that the Cubs will sign him to a 6 year-$112 million contract.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home