Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Get Fuzzy

Cartoonist Darby Conley (whose cartoon Get Fuzzy is quite good...one of my favorites) is getting heat from Pittsburghers who objected to the the assertion that Pittsburgh has an identifiable, unpleasant smell.

First, go read Get Fuzzy if you don't already. It's one of the few comics I actually look for nowadays (Arlo and Janis gets surreal sometimes....Boondocks is pretty good...Fox Trot...and I'll read Garfield until either he dies, or I do).

Two questions:

1.) Does Pittsburgh have an identifiable smell? I've never been to Pittsburgh. I don't know. Is it an unpleasant smell? Is Darby Conley right?

2.) Considering even the high regard in which I hold 3 panel comics....I wonder if this is this really worth getting your panties in a wad over?

I can't remember being even marginally influenced or insulted by anything on the comics page.

Except that time Trixie from Hi and Lois said specifically (or rather thought, in a rumination about the Sunbeam), "Big Stupid Tommy's an officious prick."

That was out of line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home