Sunday, December 21, 2003

Negativity

I had another post here. I'd gotten an e-mail from a person who took objection to a joke I'd made about Delaware (state motto: Smooth Move, Ex Lax).....not because she likes Delaware so much (I mean really...who does?), but because she thought I wasn't funny and that I was wasting time (yours and mine), and that my time would be better spent doing something to myself that I have neither flexibility nor any real wish to do.

Also, she took time to run down Tennessee....Apparently we're all inbred rednecks who can't afford real cars and have to ride horses everywhere. Of course, what can you expect from somebody with the lack of sense to go defending a sissy-state like Delaware. Also, I'm not inbred. My eyes are so close together because I like them that way. Also, I just really lilke to eat a lot of applesauce. Is that wrong?

She also didn't like that I'd said Chelsea Clinton had signed the flag of Delaware "It Charms me to be here," right after using it to wipe chili from her face, though I didn't understand what her beef was there...."Jessica," please e-mail me to clear this up for me....are you mad that I used Chelsea in such a way, or that I proposed she'd defaced Delaware's flag. Or perhaps you just like chili.

I'll say this first. The message was sent via e-mail from a made up e-mail address. That doesn't make you untrackable, by the way....

I put up a post last night where I talked a little nasty, but mostly funny. I re-read it this morning, and it was just childish, so I took it down.

The gist of the whole thing was this: I'm really unimpressed by people who spend any amount of their time tearing somebody else down, especially when they aren't delivering themselves. Basically, there are too many people in this world too interested in what the other guy is doing, and making sure that other guy knows their place. It's just childish to tear something down for no reason other than to make yourself feel big.

Also, I thought it was funny that she thought I was wasting my time and other folks', yet she spent time penning an e-mail that was, ultimately, even less constructive.

Secondly. At the very least, if you're going to run something or somebody down, put your name behind it. Be a man (or a woman), and not a little kid about it. If you're going to opine, have a backbone and put your name on it.

At the very least....post a comment here. Let somebody else see what you have to say.

I'll use the Filthy Hippy as an example, because I don't think he'll mind too much.

If I go to his blog, and decide to trash him and his pictures and his writing and his mama and his siblings and his heritage and his sense of fashion (though I think he hates Lucky Charms, the cereal, as much as I do).....It would be in poor taste not to leave some means by which he could communicate back me. Whether that's a link to my site, or my e-mail address. It's courtesy. That's all.

Nothing much else to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home