Friday, March 19, 2004

The Happy Meal is 25

The McDonald's Happy Meal is celebrating its 25th anniversary today.

You mean to tell me that I'm older than the Happy Meal? (Yes, apparently).

Around the time I was in kindergarten, McDonald's did a Dukes of Hazzard promotion (synchronicity...4th time today the Dukes have come up in my life today). The Happy Meals were served in these plastic containers, which came with stickers.

And after you ate your happy meal, you put the stickers on the plastic containers, which were in the shapes of the Hazzard County cars, and tada! You had your very own General Lee, or Daisy's Jeep. I think Roscoe's car was another choice, as was Uncle Jesse's truck. But I may be wrong.

But it was cool.

I remember it being kindergarten, because I took my General Lee to show and tell, and Ms. Creasman said I'd done a really good job putting on the stickers. I hold that compliment among my five proudest moments in my life.

McDonald's also did the plastic container/toy thing with Happy Meals that became boats, with Ronald and the McDonaldland Gang driving the particular boats. I lost a couple of them up on the North River near Tellico.

Yep.

Nothing can kill the Grimace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home