Monday, March 08, 2004

Ill

I was a bit under the weather this weekend. In that time, I found out that it's possible for me to sleep 33 out of 48 hours, that my new Hell would be Wal-Mart on a Saturday while feeling fluish, and that is is necessary to check your rental ticket when renting a movie, otherwise you accidentally end up with a copy of the Amanda Peet classic Whipped.

I don't know if I accidentally grabbed the ticket off the box, or if that ticket had been put in the box of the movie I meant to rent by accident or by malice. I did learn to make sure to look carefully at the ticket. It is possible I was given the movie by accident at the counter. After careful consideration, there's no way to be sure. I thought about burning the place, just to make a point. But since I'm not sure what the point would be, and since I enjoy renting movies there, it would probably be a bit extreme.

Whichever, take my word: Whipped is a turd.

And I like Amanda Peet.

But Whipped is horrid. Though it's interesting to watch as an exercise in how not to construct a movie.

I did rent Intolerable Cruelty, which I liked, though it went round and round a bit much for my taste. The didn't write the original script, but the Coens managed to meld the original with the dark humor that comes from their corner of the universe.

And School of Rock, which was light and funny, and just what I needed, to be honest. If you watch the DVD, watch the extras, especially Jack's MTV Diary. I like Jack, as he doesn't take himself seriously.

Watching Gangs of New York right now, which I haven't seen since I saw it in the theater. I need a bigger TV. What looks like a grand throng on a big screen looks like a busy beehive on my television.

That's all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home