Tuesday, April 20, 2004

It's Tuesday....You Know What That Means....

It's Tuesday....You Know What That Means....

Lots of great things happen on Tuesday.

1. I take my weekly shower.

2. The Tuesday newspapers come out.

3. TV Tuesday.

Iteration 6

Whether it was Barney Fife with one bullet in his pocket, or Lt. Columbo's "Just one more thing…", we could be sure in the old days that TV cops would wrap everything up neatly in 30 to 60 minutes. These days it may take a few episodes, but TV's top cops still manage to right most of the world's wrongs.

1. Who is your favorite (past or present) TV cop?

I guess I gotta go with Barney Fife. Barney rules. Will there ever be a better television conflict than that of Barney Fife and Ernest T. Bass?

Barney's fun to watch because he's in the center of the conflict of what he wants to be, and what he really is.

2. Which TV cop do you think was the most crooked, or the most inept?

Chief Wiggum is probably my favorite for being inept While the point is arguable as to whether he or Barney is the bigger screw-up, the difference to me is that Barney tries to be a cop, where Wiggum's priorities are a lot less organized.

Favorite crooked cop? Roscoe P. Coltrane. Not crooked so much as willing to bend the law to take the Duke Boys out.

3. Which TV show had the best ensemble cast of police officers?

I'm not a big fan of cop shows, so I can't really point one show out as my favorite.

I guess I'll say the Hazzard County Sheriff's Department is my favorite, especially when the triumvirate of James Best, Sonny Shroyer, and Rick Hurst filled the Sheriff's office out completely, for one season, as Sheriff Rosco Coltrane, and Deputies Strate and Hogg.

Yes, things were always best when Enos and Cletus got together.

~Bonus~ You need to hire a bodyguard for yourself. Which TV cop do you choose?

I know that he's just a bailiff, but can I choose Night Court's Bull Shannon? Because Richard Moll's huge, dude.

Or maybe Constable Odo, from Deep Space 9. Just so long as I didn't have to clean his bucket.

Thanks for playing… Let's be careful out there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home