Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Procrastination

Procrastination

I made two conflicting decisions the other day to sit my ass down and start writing more, but also to spend a little more of my life away from the computer screen.

Here's the bugger: It's hot outside. I went for my walk, except it was more of a swim. I had every part of my soaking wet with sweat by the time I wandered back to the Big Stupid Tommy Compound.

And then I tried to write. I know to do these things the other way around. I just didn't today.

Here now, is what I wrote.

A top 10 ranking of the things around my computer.

10. The small table my keyboard rests on.

9. The two dirty socks at my feet.

8. The Johnny Cash CD case (no CD in it) under my monitor.

7. My Yoda figurine.

6. An big plastic cup with about two sips of water left in it.

5. A copy of Don Delillo's Pafko at the Wall

4. Bits of dialog written on a legal pad.

3. Me.

2. A pair of needle-nosed pliers.

1. One of those squeezeball suction thingamajigs intended to remove ear gunk, but used around my house as a makeshift squirt gun.

Yep. I do important stuff around these parts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home