Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Quotable

Quotable

Just stuff I've read this early morning that was smart, funny, or I liked for any number of reasons.

On Cicadas:

-- I am so fascinated by them. I love them. No one else does.
-- I put one down Robbie's pants. It was the funniest thing I've ever seen.
-- Really, I'm fascinated by them. I just want to walk around with a Wiffle Ball bat and whack 'em.
-- They're so stupid. They fly right into you. Like they're drunk.
-- They're great. I wish they came every year
.

---Mike Toole, at Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

On Special Education:

I was in the special ed classes with Stan. Back in the day. A lot of the time, it was just me and Stan. Playing on a Texas Instruments computer. How playing Frogger helps you catch up reading, I don't know. That's what a couple of the lazy-asses we were taught by did.
---Jake, of Everything's Jake.

On Food:

Okay, I've got something to be ashamed of. How much do you like butter?
----Gunny Walker, at his blog

Derek Lowe's woes of late:

On top of everything else - today is Derek Lowe's birthday (he turned 31). Imagine spending your birthday knowing that everyone in the town you work in is talking about how bad you suck.
---Chris, at A Large Regular.

On Fashion:

Grampa-jeans, you know what I am talking about. Those powder blue ones, with the gold stitching. They look real soft, and if gramma is still around, sometimes she has them ironed. Where do you get those jeans? I have never seen any in stores. Is there an old guy store, kinda like the big-n-tall? I would like to see the looks on peoples faces as I walk down the street in my "Grampa Jeans".
---Robb, at Overfed Mind

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home