Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Tuesday

Tuesday

I'm just a little tired of rain. About the time I wanted to start loading the truck this morning for a trip to East TN with a load of BSTommy's Crud, the skies opened. I kept thinking about that Jack Handy SNL bit...something about how it's cute to tell kids when it's raining, it's because God's crying. And how it's even cuter to tell the kids, "probably because of something you did."

I was able to get everything covered, and got everything loaded without anything getting too wet. With the exception of me. But it's all good. I probably needed the shower.

Can I just mention again that moving books is insane? Insanity being the repetition of an action, each time expecting a different result. It's like I'd expect the books to be light. Or maybe sprout wings and fly themselves to the destination.

For the books themselves? You'd think I was literate, or something.

I'm a big fan of the shipping case boxes that the big bottles of liquid laundry detergent come in. They're very sturdy, and the Gain boxes have foldover lids that can be taped securely shut. I enjoy those.

I'm going to back off my suggestions of shenanigans a bit as concerns Ken Jennings' streak on Jeopardy. It was an absent-minded blathering, anyway. Tonight's show, either by design or by luck of the draw, was a bit harder than a few of the other shows I've seen during Ken's streak. But he still stomped his competition's ass.

I won't mention that he missed a Daily Double and he either blanked on Final Jeopardy, or decided that since he was so far ahead of his competition he'd just goof off and say hi to somebody.

And, I should say that I've maintained all along that he'd take me to the cleaners, if I played him. He would have today, too.

Today's Funny, as heard on Bob and Tom:

Little Red Riding Hood's walking through the forest, when she spies the Big Bad Wolf squatting behind a tree.

"My, what big eyes you have!" she says.

And the Big Bad Wolf runs away.

A while later, she sees the Big Bad Wolf squatting behind a bush.

"My!" she says, "What big Ears you have!"

And the Big Bad Wolf runs away.

A while later, agian, she finds the Big Bad Wolf squatting behind a wall.

"My!" she says, "What a Big...."

Huffily, the Wolf stands up.

"Lady, do ya mind? I'm tryin' to take a dump...."


Wokka.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home