Thursday, June 17, 2004

How Sweep it is

How Sweep it is

If you'd told me two weeks ago that the Cubs would go down to Houston, and would sweep a four game set against the Ass Trolls, I'd have laughed in your face.

But that's because I have issues.

If you'd have told me at the beginning of the season that the Cubs would do it this week, I'd probably have headbutted you.

I tend to think that means I'm getting better.

In all seriousness, things have come together nicely the past few games. The starting pitching has been lights out, and the bullpen's played its part (though I pooped my pants a little with the Astros' two run dong in the ninth), and the hitters took advantage of some tired Astros pitching. Especially the Moistest Alou, playing against his one time mates.

It doesn't get any easier. I think we play the A's this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home