Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Reading

Reading
 
I've not updated my readlist, like I said I would.  I'm a dirty, dirty liar.
 
What I've been reading lately:
 
Summerland by Michael Chabon.  (I enjoyed it, but felt like Chabon was writing down to an audience a little bit, rather than write the story for all ages that he wanted to write.)
 
Tales to Astonish by Ronin Ro.  (A biography of comics legend Jack Kirby.  Ultimately, I lost a lot of interest, so my thoughts probably aren't worth a lot on this one.  After a point, I ended up only lightly reading this one.  I dunno, my impressions of Kirby have been a little less rebellious and rockstarry than Ronin Ro seems to want to paint the man.  Maybe that's what biography's about, changing impressions.  But this one didn't work well for me.)
 
Mostly Harmless by Douglas Adams.   (Funny.  I wish I could do something that's as broad in scope as the whole Hitchhiker's Guide, and as consistently as funny.)
 
Inside the Animal Mind by George Page.  (An examination of possible cognitive abilities of the other animals.   I'm still reading this one, and it's interesting.  Page has mentioned a couple of other books that I want to pick up and read, too.  I don't know enough yet on the subject to comment well on what Page has done, but I'd like to learn more.  I'll post more when I've finished this one).
 
A Death in the Family by James Agee.  (Just started this one, after picking it up at a used book store a while back.  So far, so good.)    

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home