Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Tuesday

Tuesday

First, I want to say Happy Birthday to my Dad, who's celebrating his today. I say that last part, because I often say "Happy Birthday" to my Dad, along with other sayings like "Where's the Beef?" and "Number Five is Alive!" So, I had to differentiate this "Happy Birthday" from the others. I did this with a headbutt.

I've been feeling a step behind most of the day. Didn't sleep well last night. Got up to use the john and ended up lying awake after returning to the bed. I haven't seen much of the Olympic games, but last night, I saw a bit of the Michael Phelps/Ian Thorpe/van den Hoogenbergensteenerphlargen swimming bout before I went to bed. What are they showing at 3 AM when I can't sleep? A replay of the very same race I saw before I went to bed.

It's kind of like the thing where you decide to watch one TV show, and catch an episode, and it really, really blows. Then, a few months later, you decide Hey! I'll give that Damon Wayans show one more shot. And damned if they aren't showing the exact same episode that turned you off in the first place.

Actually, it's that kind of thing that makes me believe in a higher power.

(I'm talking about Tony Danza).

Not much happening around my house today.

Went out last night and had nachos with Eric, from Straight White Guy, and Johnny, from Closet Extremist. Both nice fellers. We talked blogs, and works and we ate nachos. And we had one waitress rather huffily tell us that Happy Hour was over!

Got Princess Mononoke from Netflix today. It's a great movie, but I had to cut it down to a couple of segments. My brain has a hard time with long, animated movies, for some reason. And I'm not even saying that to be funny. They wear me out. I've read that your eye sometimes has a hard time establishing border lines and patterns with some animation, and your brain has to work harder to define the image in your mind. As bad as my eyes are, I'm guessing that's got something to do with it.

Today's tasty snack? Nectarines. Go out and eat a nectarine.

And tell your grocer that I told you to do it.

Just eat it in the store. And then sing "Happy Birthday."

While stripping your clothes off.

And when they try to lead you out of the store, engage in Three Stooges like eye gouges before doing a Curly "Nyahahahah", wiping your hands down your face repeatedly, and running away saying "woob woob woob." Because I said so. Because I like Curly the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home