Saturday, October 23, 2004

World Series: Game 1, Second Inning

World Series: Game 1, Second Inning

Re: Commercials. Didn't I see Alexander once this year, when it was called Troy?

Also, I'm sick to death of this Richard Branson reality show nonsense. Ain't watching it.

Inning 2

Edmonds bunted. I hate that. It's what I'd have wanted him to do, if I were rooting for the Deadbirds. But, as it is, I hate it.

The advantage of live blogging, at least this far? It's helped me block out the stream of inanities that is Tim McCarver. I mean, if there's going to be a constant stream of inanities in my house, it's going to be me

How many teams has Reggie Sanders played for?

Seven. He spent a long time with the Reds, and had played with the Padres, Braves, Dbacks, Giants, Pirates and Cardinals. He's played longer than I thought. He made his debut in 1991, and his first full year was 92.

It's one run that the Cardinals get with the Sac fly from Mike Matheny. But LaRussa's teams seem to be able to nickel and dime you to death, if they can't pound the hell out of you with the big bats. They win both ways. One run is one run, but you can't get to two without getting one.

Was Hideki Matsui the first Japanese born position player in the World Series? Would that make So Taguchi the second?

half inning

No blogging in the Red Sox half of the second...had to take care of the dogs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home