Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Wednesday Morning Playoff Thoughts

Wednesday Morning Playoff Thoughts

I originally titled this post Thursday morning. But it isn't Thursday. Feels like it. But it's not. It's Wednesday. All day, so they say.

How about them Red Sox? I was sure the gig was blown with the whole ball being slapped out of Arroyo's hand deal. I cursed, and loudly. I just knew the umps were going to let it stand.

Providence shined through.

Yankee fans showed themselves to be the classiest people on Earth last night, with their collective tantrum. I watched the game, and I kept thinking about the episode of Andy Griffith, where the spoiled rich kid, new to Mayberry, tries to show Opey how to get his way with his father (tantrums, holding his breath, etc.). I was a little embarrassed for the Yankee fans, and for baseball fans in general. Because Yankee fans remind me of that spoiled rich kid. They get their way every year. Their owner buys them the biggest and the best. They win 100 games every year. But when things don't go their way, they get ugly and in a hurry.

Game 7 tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home