Saturday, October 23, 2004

World Series: Game 1, third inning

World Series: Game 1, third inning

Larry Walker smash. Larry Walker thinks he is the strongest one there is. Knuckleball be damned.

Back to my mostly rhetorical question about Larry Walker in the Hall of Fame. I'd think long and hard on it, but I think I might ultimately vote no. I've got a real prejudice against Coors Field.

Two points from Ravenclaw for Joe Buck belaboring the Mr. Miyagi reference.

half inning commercial thoughts

My boss has a real crush on Mia Hamm.

And not to nitpick commercials, but couldn't the guy with the pickup truck carrying the dresser thing home have paid for the motorbike, and then come back for it later?
Why did he need to carry it home right that minute? And I know you know what I'm talking about. That Dodge commercial's been on every two innings for every game on Fox this postseason....

I still don't think his girl should have hit him.

Back to the baseball

I keep trying to think of Woody Williams reminds me of. He looks like one of those southern boys you see around my parts with their camouflage painted pickup trucks and coon hunting dogs in the back who always seem to be buying a week's pay worth of beer at the Mr. Zip station on Saturday morning.

Thanks, Tim McCarver, for explaining slugging percentage. Because you obviously have to have noise accompanying the wind that whooshes out of your head at every second.

Mirrabelli's a hoss. Catches the knuckleball and hits a ton in the World Series.

The Sox have the bases loaded with one out.

Damon drives in a run. Bases still loaded. Will Damon, Ortiz and crew get their names etched in marble somewhere near Fenway, if they win it all? Do they get to run the city, then? Do Sox fans start writing their letters at Christmas to Pedro, instead of Santa Claus?

Bye Woody. That's gotta suck. Wanting to pitch the Series as badly as anything, and getting knocked out before the end of the third.

Cabrera drives in another Sox run. Nomar's a funny name, anyway.

David Ortiz is named Papi out of respect. You respect David Ortiz. Or David Ortiz will smash. Buck and McCarver were going on about Ortiz being the third youngest player on the Sox roster. I braced myself for his age, but was comforted that at 28, he's still older than I am. I don't care for this being older than some Major League Baseball.

Sox get three more

End of 3:

St Louis 2
Boston 7

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home