Thursday, December 16, 2004

Hardee's...Huzzah!

Hardee's...Huzzah!

You know, it almost sounds like a made up story...but Hardee's is firing another shot in the war against health nuts, as it brings forth a Breakfast Burger:


While many of its competitors have downplayed traditional burgers in the last two years while scrambling to add lower-fat salads and grilled chicken offerings to their menus, CKE Restaurants Inc. has taken a different approach.

Carl's Jr. (Hardee's, to us redstaters--BST) on Wednesday introduced the Breakfast Burger, a hamburger topped with a fried egg, hash browns, bacon and cheese, that weighs in at 830 calories and 46 grams of fat.

Didn't Homer see something like this on The Simpsons?

I don't know what else to say, except that I think I'm going to have to move into a Hardee's, and just start getting my paycheck sent directly to corporate headquarters. I think I'll move in after the New Year, and be well on my way to having to wash myself with a rag on a stick.

Note to self: Move into the newly built (i.e. clean) Hardee's on the bypass. They recently built a new Hardee's in my town on the same lot of one they'd just torn down. I felt like it was probably easier for them to build a new one rather than to clean the old one completely.

On a side note, I've always felt like we ended up with both Carl's Jr. and Hardee's restaurants as a result of the merger of universes, chronicled in the 1985 DC Comics maxi-series Crisis on the Infinite Earths. The merger was close, but neither complete nor perfect--there were inconsistencies. That's why we have Hardee's in some places, and Carl's Jr. in others. Kind of like how there were 19 different Hawkman characters running around for the longest time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home