Friday, December 03, 2004

Pure Drivel

Pure Drivel

My favorite lines from Steve Martin's Pure Drivel:

An apology:

Several years ago, in California, I ate my first clam and said it tasted "like a gonad dipped in motor oil." I would like to apologize to Bob 'n' Betty's Clam Fiesta, and especially to Bob, who I found out later only had one testicle.

On Writing Dialogue:

Many very fine writers are intimidated when they have to write the way people really talk. Actually, it's quite easy. Simply lower your IQ by fifty and start typing!

On Writer's Block:

Writer's block is a fancy term made up by whiners so they can have an excuse to drink alcohol...

On, well, drivel:

But our love was extinguished quickly, as though someone had thrown water from a high tower onto a burning dog....

And the whole Ricky and Lucy sketch ("I Love Loosely"), where Ricky has tried to convince Lucy that oral sex isn't cheating is comic gold (Gold!) I laughed meself silly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home