Monday, March 21, 2005

Monday Morning Thoughts

Monday Morning Thoughts

Still not dead in my NCAA bracket. Not doing well, but 6 of my 8 elite eight teams, and my Final Four is still completely intact. I don't think I can win any of the pools I'm in, because I think a lot of the leaders have a lot of the same people up on top that I do. If Illinois manages to lose somewhere along the way, though, it'll help me a bunch. Not that I think they will...but everybody else has them picked for the Final Four at the very least. I have the least to lose if they should get upended.

Beautiful day yesterday. High near 70. First day of spring. Went for a long walk early in the afternoon. Took a pee against perhaps the biggest tree I've ever peed against. It was a milepost in my life.

Did anybody see the Jeff Foxworthy roast last night? Who was the Bush impersonator?

And speaking of Jeff Foxworthy...I like Larry the Cable Guy, right? But if one more person says "Git r' done" to me, I might have to break out the brass knux. Honestly, I think we're getting ready to change it to the Tennessee state motto. I'm on catchphrase overload.

And speaking of that roast...what was with the rap act near the end? I get the whole "Sweet Home Alabama"/Redneck thing. But it just seemed like One of These Things is Not Like the Other.

And speaking of mullets....It is fitting, maybe, that we're talking about the roast of a comedian with a mullet, since The Mullet is back posting. It's good to have him back.

Let's go to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home