Saturday, March 19, 2005

We Have a Weiner!

We Have a Weiner!

Well, the first BSTommy Caption Contest drew to a close. Voting ended somewhere around 4:17 AM this morning. The judge (yours, truly) after much deliberation, cussing, crying, a fistfight and several minutes spent trying to figure out just why he couldn't get the remote control for his TV to work, we've come to a conclusion.

First, the picture, followed by the caption that made me smile the most (I smiled so much it hurt):

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Peter Parker's spidey senses were tingling--but for all the wrong reasons...

The Mad Sister, up at The Unwinding Road, wrote the winning caption.

She wins the prize!

We'll talk more about that later, once I ponder the ethics, legalities and logistics behind mailing an incontinent kitty cat into Canada....

Actually, I did have something in mind to send along. Sad, and scary, but true. If the winner would just give me an e-mail ....

Here are a couple of honorable mentions:

For some reason, Bill McCabe's made me smile:

"My God, Bones. Who would do such a thing?"

I liked Jessica's, too:

"I swear, if he asks me to do ONE more thing, I'm out. Being "The Apprentice" isn't worth it!"

And Dan came out of left field, and I almost went with this one....

"I like eggs."

And this caption made me smile, but not nearly as much as the name it was posted under:

"Every drag queen knows, working the floor at Mega-Con is the worst." ---Grotesqueticle

I laughed myself stupider.

Well.

Thus endeth the Caption Contest. I got good response. A decent way to fill up a couple of days. Thanks to everyone who came by to read. Maybe we'll do it again sometime.

Like the next time I find some picture on my hard drive and have no memory of putting it there myself.

Just take comfort that my reaction upon seeing the picture was much like yours.

That's right.

It's scary, but strangely alluring.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home