Sunday, March 20, 2005

Sunday Morning Basketball Thoughts

Sunday Morning Basketball Thoughts

This is the only time of the year I pay any attention to basketball. This is probably the only basketball post I'll make this year.

----

Well, here we are in the midst of the NCAA tournament. With 8 games left to play this weekend, my bracket's not been blown to bits. Yet. I don't typically fare well on Sundays.

Gonzaga losing hurt me a little. I had them losing in the round of 8, so Bobby Knight and his Texas Tech team pulling it out against them hurt me some. But by no means as badly as West Virginia pulling off their double overtime upset against Wake Forest hurt my father, who went with his heart and had Wake Forest winning the whole thing.

My Final Four is still alive, and seven out of my eight Elite Eight teams are still active.

But the day ain't over yet. As well as I've done in most of the regions, I've had no luck whatsoever in the Albequerque region. My faith in Louisville, and my lack of faith in Washington as a one-seed may cause me a lot of trouble in the long run.

-----

Speaking of Bobby Knight, the Knoxville area has been Friggin Bananas over rumors of U.T. looking for Bobby to come and replace Buzz Petersen.

Now, I'm not going to comment on the veracity of the rumors. But I'll say this: Tennessee's been drawing flies for their men's basketball games. I think the addition of Bobby Knight would draw people to the arena in the short term.

And what's more, one of Tennessee's biggest problems over the past decade has been team discipline. Bobby Knight could bring a little discipliine.

----

Well...I lied. I will comment on the rumors. I don't think it'll happen. I think Bobby Knight would command more money than either Phil Fulmer or Pat Summitt. I just don't see U.T. shelling out that kind of dough.

Still. Knoxville radio has talked more Tennessee men's basketball over the past week than I think they did over the course of their entire season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home