Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Shout Out

Shout Out

A shout out. To Rob, the Uncouth Sloth.

Being a Chicago Cub fan in Tennessee, it puts you out of the loop, sometimes. I mean, sure, you get the WGN and you can get the Comcast sports on satellite, and on a clear night, you can get WGN radio clear as a bell up here on the hill.

But you miss a bit being in the area of your team.

Rob's a bit closer to the picture? As such, he's able to take care of a couple of people outside the loop...

He sent me a Cubs "Believe" band. Because as Cubs fans, we are rewarded for our loyalty and diligence by getting to wear Cubbie blue rubber bands on our wrists. And now I get to join the throng.

But not only that. That would have been enough. That would have made my day. Surprise mail? Yeah. That would have been enough.

But wait, there's more.

He sent me a hat.

A Cubs cap.

A retro-style Cubs cap, modeled after the model the 1914 Cubbies wore (Stew, that outdates even you, if I recall).

But not only that! Rob sent a fitted Cubs cap.

Which isn't such a huge thing in and of itself. A minor detail, for most of you. A minor detail, unless you're trying to cap a monstrous dome like mine.

See, my head is only slightly smaller than the curvature of the Earth.

The cap? He is size 8 1/4. It is the finest fitting cap I've ever worn. I can make do with a size 8, typically. That'll work for a while until you sweat it up, or let it get wet, at which time one of those woolen badboys shrinks.

8 1/4? He fits nice.

There is even room for my fro, underneath.

Man oh man. I don't know what to say. Thanks, Rob. You're a good dude.

Go check out his work at the Uncouth Sloth, and at the more Cubs-centric site, The Goat Riders of the Apocalypse. He's a Cubs fan from the heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home