Wednesday, May 25, 2005

A late night link

A late night link

The other day, I wandered into a room where somebody was watching Oprah, and in this episode of the Oprah Winfrey Show, she was interviewing Tom Cruise.

Not that I let myself get dragged into watching an Oprah interview or anything, but I kinda let myself get dragged into watching an Oprah interview. Danielle had much the same opinion of Mr. Cruise's demeanor that I did.

He's got a little too much energy. He's a little too touchy-feely. Trying a little too hard to be the Tom Cruise Who Just Loves People. And when he got asked about one (or maybe more than one) of his kids being bi-racial, he gave an answer that had all the right words, politically speaking. But they came out in a tone of voice that was...well...not in line with the words that were coming out of his mouth.

I felt like it would have been appropriate for Oprah to have ended the interview right then.

"Right words, wrong tone of voice," she would say. Then she'd snap her fingers. And then Steadman would emerge from offstage and kill Tom Cruise. Because I believe that's what Steadman does. He crushes people with his giant hands.

I know that last part because my Mom went to high school with Steadman, and she saw him crush people with his giant hands.

There is only one part of that last sentence that is true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home