Thursday, May 19, 2005

Answering a Meme Challenge

Answering a Meme Challenge

Chris at A Large Regular asked for people to follow up.

Here goes:

Q: Total volume of music files on my computer:

668. Didn't think it was that many. Must be all those multiple recordings of the soundtrack to Annie.

Q: The last CD I bought:

I've bought more here in the past couple of months than I have in the last three years. A couple of Waifs CDs. I found a couple of Mojo Nixon discs used the other day.

But remember how I had Pat Benatar's "We Belong" going through my head? I was contemplating getting it out using a drill, but I found her greatest hits CD at the used CD store the other day for sixty eight cents. So I bought it.

I put that sumbitch on repeat, and listened until I got sick of it.

It worked. So far.

Q: Song playing now:

I've got the TV going in the background. ESPN Classics is showing some old baseball newsreels. They're going on about Casey Stengel right now. They're playing a "Yankee Doodle Dandy" riff in the background.

Q: Five songs I listen to a lot, or that mean a lot to me:

Here Lately I've been listening to:

A Boy named Sue, as performed by Johnny Cash
It's a Great Day (to whoop somebody's ass) by Paul Thorn
A live version of R.E.M.'s Man in the Moon
Cecilia, by Simon and Garfunkel
A live version of Crazy Train, as performed by the Waifs.

I'm looking for 5 bloggers to continue the meme - so if you'd like to volunteer to answer these 4 questions on your blog - please let me know in the comments and I'll link to your responses on this post.

Rob plays along....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home