Saturday, July 02, 2005

Annoyance

Annoyance

The annoyance is twofold.

I finished a couple of chores. Decided to take a break, see who was playing on Fox.

Braves and Phillies. Okeydokey, I say. But Tim McCarver is calling the game.

If I had to choose between having Tim McCarver having a running commentary in my brain for the rest of my life, or having to deliver mediation on to a non-sedated, angry and horny grizzly bear...rectally...I'd choose the bear because the bear wouldn't have to explain everything to me. And the bear wouldn't second guess my choice.

So I turn on the radio. We live in the circle of the Braves Radio Network. Living so far out in the woods for most of my life, we were too far out for cable. But we listened to the games, played it 1940's style, listened to the Braves most night. So, I'm used, still, to Pete van Wieren, Skip Caray, Joe Simpson and Don Sutton. Don Sutton kind of annoys me, but not badly. Pete's excellent, and can hold his own with anybody. And Skip and Joe have a great dry humor chemistry between them that appeals very much to my sense of humor. And Chip Caray? Well, he's still Chip Caray.

But I digress.

I'm listening to the Braves and Phillies on the radio, with the TV on, but muted.

Usually there's a second so lapse between radio and TV, but today, it's about an 8 second difference. I'm guessing Fox has the live-delay going on. In case Bobby Cox and Johnny Estrada run into Doug Eddings again, and feel the need to say many cuss words over and over again.

Pat Burrell just hit a home run. It happened on the radio while Braves pitcher Horacio Ramirez was still in his wind up. It was a little funny, almost like you could scream loud enough and get Horacio to stop, because you already know what's going to happen if he throws that pitch.

Don't do it Horacio!

Yeah, it's a little annoying. But I'll listen, and know that I have a 7 or 8 second window to look up, if something cool happens.

Besides, it beats the living, bleeding hell out of standing in the outside, where it's hotter than balls, and almost as sweaty.

Can we vote on this summer thing? Let's just have autumn from April through November, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home