Wednesday, July 20, 2005

A Middle of the Night Meme

A Middle of the Night Meme

Because I'm not sleepy yet. Seen at Sheila's.

What I was doing 10 years ago:

The summer of 1995? Fighting crime. I was a Samurai Vigilante. And getting ready to start college. Playing a lot of softball. I played in a couple of leagues that summer. When I wasn't working, I was playing softball. And fighting crime. As a Samurai Vigilante.

Five years ago:

I spent the first ten months of 2000 holed up in my Y2K bunker. I made it out of an old school bus, which I parked in a ravine in late 1999. Shortly after 12 o'clock struck on New Years, in a freak accident, a boulder gave way on the ravine, and buried my school bus/bunker in rocks and dirt. I was asleep when it happened, and assumed that all the world's Nukes had gone off, and what was burying me was the ashes of our folly existence.

I survived by eating peanut butter and the vinyl and stuffing from the seats, as well as my shoes, shirts and comic book collection.

I emerged from my bunker, deciding to brave the nuclear winter because I'd run out of toilet paper. Imagine my surprise. And embarassment, due to my nakedness, from having eaten my clothes.

One year ago:

Last July, there was talk of getting blown to kingdom come, I was dealing with being the new guy at work, and suffering the trials of writer's block, and dealing with my Inner Gary Busey....


Yesterday:

You know, I'm just going to call Tuesday yesterday, even though it's still Tuesday for me.

Slept a solid 8 hours for the second night in a row (a July record). Ate lunch with Diane and Shyam. Watched a couple episodes of NewsRadio. Went to work. Ate hamburgers for two different meals!!!

Five snacks I enjoy:

Here lately, my favorite Junk Food has been TGIFriday's Mozzarella sticks, which are really low-grade Cheetos, but without the orange powder. Their charm is in their low, low price.

I also like cashews, Guacamole Doritos, raisins and beef jerky.

Five songs I know all the words to:

You know, I could write a book of songs that I think I know the words to.

American Pie (I'm proud of it, and I've used it to torture people)
Losing My Religion
O Canada
Big Rock Candy Mountain
The Theme from Gummy Bears

Five Things I would do with $100 million:

1. Scrooge McDuck style Money Vault, in which I could swim with the money
2. Super Bowl Commercial in which I might name all the people who could kiss my ass.
3. Joe Thomas = Prank Monkey
4. Start my own Wrasslin' Promotion
5. See just how much Scotch and Reese's Cups $100 mil might buy.

Five things I like doing:

Running Marathons. Setting goals for dead lifts, and surpassing them. New long distance records on the bicycle. Eating Healthy. Lying.

Five bad habits I have:

I have a hard time picking up the dirty laundry.
Doing the dishes? Yeah. That's pretty bad.
I don't listen when people introduce themselves.
Sometimes forget other people are watching TV, and change channel.
I hide the remote control from myself.

Five things I would never wear:

I'm getting tired. I'm stealing Sheila's answer, since I would also never wear any of those things:

I would not dress in a garishly-colored African robe and a turban. I would not wear short shorts and a halter top. I would not wear anything like this. I would not wear a micro-mini and thigh-high boots, except as a costume. I would not wear a long flowing Holly Hobby sundress.

Five TV shows I like:

The Simpsons. Stella. West Wing. Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Reno 911.

Five biggest joys of the moment:

Jeebus Crisco, this meme is taking a long ass time.

1. I peed a little while ago. That was pretty cool.
2. Rob Schneider movies are not mandatory viewing.
3. We live in America, where takeout hamburgers are plentiful.
4. Nice mattress to sleep on.
5. Yeah. That was a good pee.

Five favorite toys:

1. Rowdy Roddy Piper action figure.
2. I guess my computer's a toy.
3. Yoda Figurine.
4. Optimus Prime, generation 1. Coolest ever.
5. My baseball. My baseball is my favorite toy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home