Thursday, August 11, 2005

A brief thought

A brief thought

A very brief thought.

I thought I was tired of Stephen A. Smith a couple of months ago. I'd been tired of his act for a while. I figured he was indicative of all that's been wrong with ESPN for a couple of years, a guy who's little more than wind and sanctimony, who's more interested in making a star of himself than talking about the sports that I'm watching the channel for.

But then he got his new show on ESPN. I gotta tell you, Quite Frankly, I've had completely an ass full of this guy. It's bad enough that I can't watch anything on ESPN without the spot for this guy's show coming on. It's bleeding over onto the other channels I watch. I'm trying to watch The Daily Show, and we get that spot where he sings the praises of the New England Patriots.

The bad part is how mystifying that spot is, and how my anger makes me stop and watch it, every time it comes on. It's like a bad song that gets stuck in my head. I know all the words to the commercial.

That's Right. 40.

I don't have anything really of substance to say, here. Just that I've got little use for this guy, and I'd like him very much off my TV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home